Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pregnancy must have



My Pregnancy Must Have
These are items and products that help me through out my pregnancy

It is very exciting when you find out that you are pregnant. You told your spouse and the both of you started to dance around the room; then it hit you...your life is going to change. You also need to change your life style, your eating habits, and you need some gear to help you through your pregnancy. I you are a first time mom like me you probably wonder what is there out there to help you through your pregnancy. What do I need? What I don't need? What works? What doesn't? 
I know I spend hours on the internet looking and now that I'm at my third trimester, I want to share some things that help me through my pregnancy. 

  1. Pregnancy book 

If you are a newbie like me you probably wonder what is going to happen with your body, what are the changes to be expected and when do you need to call your doctor. I find that grabbing a pregnancy book is a great idea. My favorite one is What to expect when your expecting by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel. I believe a lot of pregnant women grab this book as soon as they found out that they are pregnant. I found it to be very informative and it does put me at ease. As you read you will start  notice some changes the book mention and you go "aahhh...that's what the book talk about." Off course you also have to keep an open mind that sometimes the symptoms doesn't always happen at that exact time or you might now experience it at all. Remember every pregnancy is different. This book is a good guide for the basic of pregnancy. 

You can get the book here: 

Here are other books that might help as well: 



    2.  Prenatal Vitamins 

After you grab your pregnancy book at your local bookstore, make a stop at a vitamin shop. If you plan your pregnancy you probably already on prenatal vitamins. If your pregnancy come as a surprise you probably are not on a prenatal vitamins. Prenatal vitamins are a must have. You are growing another human being inside and you need all the vitamins and minerals and pre-natal vitamins will help. Pre-natal vitamins will act as a boost to the food that you are eating that way the baby won't deplete your storage of vitamins and minerals; and you need that storage through out your pregnancy. Pre-natal vitamins come in pills and gummy forms. Those who has trouble with morning sickness preferred the gummy to the pills because it won't make them sick. Also remember you need DHA with your pre-natal vitamins; DHA is use for brain, eyes and nervous system development. Some pre-natal vitamins already have DHA in and some don't so make sure you read the label. Which is a good pre-natal vitamins? They are all good it's all depend on you and you body needs. If in doubt bring your pre-natal vitamins to your first doctor visit and ask him/her if the one  you taking is enough. I'm sure your doctor can guide you or even prescribe  you one. 

    3.  Body Cream and oil/Cocoa Butter 

Another perk about being pregnant is that you are prone to having stretch marks. There are many products out there to prevent stretch mark, but my favorite one is Basq stretch mark butter and resilient body oil. Both smell good and doesn't make me nauseated. These are the ones I use: 



I combine both and so far no stretch mark. The oil is great as well...I applied it to my thigh where there were already some stretch mark there and my stretch marks are fading :) I got mine at a local maternity store called Destination Maternity but it's available online as well; amazon.com, buybuybaby.com They do come in other fragrance as well...this one works best for me. 

Here is their official website: http://www.basqnyc.com/stretch-marks/

    4.  Maternity clothes 



Some people find that buying maternity clothes is a waste of money but to some, like me, is a great investment. At first I was able to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes just fine, even my jeans still fit ok, I just have to unbutton it is all. However as my pregnancy progress, my jeans doesn't fit me any more because my hip and belly are getting bigger. My shirt doesn't fit me any more because of my growing belly. My mom took me shopping one day to get some maternity clothes. I must say they are the most comfortable thing EVER!!! My biggest favorite are the pants...they are so comfortable and they support your growing belly. Some of my loose shirt still fit so I don't but many shirt but I have to buy a few pair of pants. If you are debating whether or not you should get maternity clothes, my suggestion is to go try some on first. If they fit the same as your pre-pregnancy clothes then it's fine but if they are more comfortable...I suggest you get some. Remember you will feel some discomfort as your pregnancy progress, so you want to wear something comfortable. You can find maternity clothes at your local department store like Target, Kohls, Macys, Nordstrom, etc. 

Destination Maternity: http://www.destinationmaternity.com/

    5. Body Pillow/extra pillows 

I know this one sound so simple and to some of us we already have it, but extra pillow is a must during pregnancy. My hubby bought me a body pillow when he found out I was pregnant because he said his friends told him that it helped their wives during their pregnancy. I'm glad he did because that pillow help me get comfortable at night and I was able to sleep. 

    6. Maternity Belt

As your pregnancy progress, your stomach will become bigger and heavier. This will put some strain on your lower back. One thing that will help with your back pain is maternity belt. One of coworker actually told me about it, if not I wouldn't have known about it lol. The one I use is from Curad and it was inexpensive.  I bought mine from Amazon.com for about $16 (+shipping &handling). There is another popular brand called Bandit but this one is far more expensive. I believe it retail for about $72-$75. The curad has a good review so I thought I give it a try. 





    7. Exercise 

I know you probably thinking...WHAT?! Exercise when your uncomfortable and tired all the time? The answer is YES!!! Believe it or not...exercise is great when your pregnant. It help ease your fatigue, leg cramps, lower back pain and body aches. I bought 3 DVDs that helped me exercise in my pregnancy and I love them. You can also look into some videos on  youtube, there are a lot of people doing some pregnancy exercise. 






That's it...I know it's not a lot but these are things that make my pregnancy more comfortable. These items/products might or might not help you but I want to share what I know helps me and I hope it helps you too. 

And there are a few things you need to remember through out your pregnancy: 
1. Every pregnancy is different; so don't compare yours with your friends and family.
2. Keep an open mind; sometimes things don't happen the way you want it to.
3. Ask your doctor if you have any questions. It's great to ask your family and friends or referred to your book but asking your doctor is better and more accurate. 
4. Trust your instinct and listen to your body. You know your body the best; so listen to it no matter what everyone else said.  
5. It's ok to ask your partner for a massage or for help with house chores. He will be glad that he can ease your fatigue or discomfort. Besides it makes him feel that he's apart of the pregnancy too. 
6. Don't forget to sign-up for child birth class. This will help you and your partner get ready for the baby. 
7.  Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. 


XOXO, 

Fay Ming 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment