Tuesday, September 24, 2013

GHD Air Professional Performance Hairdryer review


Today I want to do a review on this GHD hairdryer. I am very picky with my hairdryer, before I like my bedhead hairdryer until I broke it when I went home to Indonesia in 2009. I want to get a better hairdryer, however I could not find one so I settle with a conair hairdryer at Target until I can found that I like A LOT. I own a hair straightener from ghd and loving it, so I thought I can try their hairdryer, however it is not available here in the US; until now. 

Let's get started. This hairdryer just like all ghd product is quiet expensive, it retailed in the US for $225 at Sephora. The hairdryer is black and come with 2 diffuser (like the picture). I believe you can get different color in Ebay and for cheaper price, but I don't want to deal or question it's authenticity, so I got mine at Sephora (as a gift from my hubby). 

This is how it looks like when you open the box

I must say that I do love this hairdryer. I have a straight hair most of the time (my hair does get wavy if I air dry it) and it's frizzy and feels coarse and dry. Since I use this hairdryer my hair become smooth and less frizzy and it does add shine to it. I know it's not my shampoo because I haven't change shampoo. 

The hairdryer has 2 settings for heat, 2 settings for speed, and a cool button. This hairdryer is not on the light side, it does have some weight to it. If you looking for a light weight hairdryer, this is not for you!!! Noise level...it's still loud but soft; if that makes sense. It does dry your hair in a reasonable amount of time ( I didn't want to say fast because that is a matter of perception). 

So, does this hairdryer worth the money? Honestly, it can be a little bit cheaper; however I am very satisfied with this dryer. I don't usually buy hair styling tool just because I want to, I usually use till it doesn't work anymore, so I look at this as an investment. I still have my conair and will use it more for travel and back up. 

Overall...
Fort the price this hairdryer works wonders for me and I am extremely happy with it. I fell that I found MY hairdryer :) My hair looks and feel much better with it. I am definitely recommend it to anyone. I know the price is a bit steep but Sephora has 20%off or 15%off coupon sometimes or you can purchase it on Ebay if you trust the person selling it.  Also, this is my honest opinion of the product, I am not getting paid to do any review on the product. I hope this review is helpful, if you have any further question...please leave a comment below and I will try to answer it to the best of my knowledge. 



XOXO, 

Fay Ming 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment